Shorewood High School
Shorewood High School, enrolling grades nine through 12, is considered among the best in the state in overall academics and in many individual fields. Achievement, graduation and college placement rates are in the top 10 percent statewide. Shorewood High excels in theater, fine arts and graphic design, and in several sports, including swimming and cross-country. The campus resembles a small college, with separate buildings devoted to arts and science, performing arts and physical education. The Shorewood School District administrative offices are also housed on campus.
- Hours: Class bell schedule: Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri, 6:45am - 3:07pm; Wed, early release, 2:15pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Public/Private: Public
- Accreditation/licenses: State licensed and accredited public school
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- How engaged is the school with the community?: The Shorewood High School campus serves also as Shorewood's principle community and recreation center. Nearly all school facilities, including its Olympic-size pool, exercise center and gymnasiums, are open to the public year-round.
- Grade levels: 9 - 12
- Boarding: No
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Shorewood High School lists 38 student clubs, organizations and extracurricular activities. Please visit the school website for a complete listing.
- Sports teams: The Shorewood High team name for all sports is the Greyhounds and they compete in the Woodland Conference. Sports include football (boys), basketball, swimming, cross-country, track, volleyball, hockey (boys), wrestling (boys) and gymnastics (girls).