Lake Bluff Elementary School
This elementary school serves the north part of Shorewood. It is housed in a classic building on a sprawling campus in a quiet residential neighborhood. Hosting K-6 classes, Lake Bluff Elementary offers an expansive library, a science lab, a gymnasium and many other educational and recreational amenities. Like all Shorewood schools, it features up-to-date iMac computers and is open to many community functions. Unlike many older school buildings, it was originally designed to admit plenty of natural sunlight and has been updated with energy-saving windows.
- Hours: Junior kindergarten, morning class, 8:15am - 11am; afternoon class, 12:35pm - 3:15pm; senior kindergarten, morning class, 8:15am - 11:40am; afternoon class, 12:30pm - 3:15pm; grades 1-6, 8:15am - 3:15pm; Wed, early release, 2:15pm; Sat, Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: This older building has been retrofitted for access to children and adults of all abilities. However, not all entrances may be accessible.
- Public/Private: Public
- Accreditation/licenses: State licensed and accredited public school.
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Like all Shorewood schools, Lake Bluff Elementary is largely open to the public for meetings, activities and recreation.