Kingo Lutheran Church
Kingo Lutheran Church is named after Thomas Hansen Kingo, a Danish bishop of the early Lutheran Church who was famous for his music and poetry, having compiled one of the first hymnals, which included many of his own compositions. The church keeps the memory of Kingo alive by making music a prominent part of its worship.
Part of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, or ELCA, the largest of the Lutheran synods and considered the more liberal in its doctrine and teaching, Kingo is a staple of the community. The church is proud of its record of community service, reaching outside of Shorewood and into partnerships with poorer residents in Milwaukee.
- Hours: Worship services: Sun, 10am (Labor Day-Memorial Day); Sun, 9:30am (Memorial Day-Labor Day). Office hours: Mon - Fri, 9am - noon.
- Handicap Accessible: The entrance is at street level.
- Founding Date: 1909
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Denomination: Lutheran
- Services: Child care, Choir/music programs, Study groups, Youth programs
- Recreational facilities: No