Shorewood school officials approved a new wave of teacher hires last week — bringing the total to 11 new educators who will join the school district on .
The eight new hires include:
- Part-time Intermediate School science and math teacher Kelsey Cappellano
- High school social studies teacher Marieclare Kanaley
- Awater third grade replacement teacher Amber Janke
- Awater sixth grade teacher Jeff Cartier
- Atwater first grade teacher Lisa Belllford
- Atwater third grade replacement teacher Sarah McMillan
- Part-time high school science and chemistry teacher Kris King
- Part-time high school speech and English teacher Kyle Jacobson
Officials also approved the position of a new part-time K4 teacher. Business Manager Mark Boehlke said the district approved the position because K4 at Lake Bluff Elementary may exceed the class size they typically shoot for, and they will watch enrollment in the class to determine if hire of a new kindergarten teacher is needed. There are likely more teacher hires on the horizon, Boehlke added. The .
, including new theater teacher Joe King who take over Shorewood's renowned theater department in the wake of .
The board also gave the go-ahead to begin locating candidates for new administrators including a new director of instruction at the July meeting. A preliminary budget called for a salary of $110,000 salary and $35,700 benefits package for the director of instruction position. Several principals currently share the role.
The proposed budget also includes at a cost of $75,000, and a computer technician at $70,000. However, officials continue to mull whether to search for possible candidates to fill those positions.
from Shorewood earlier this year. .
Shorewood expects to save $257,615 due to staff turnover.