A rash of bicycle thefts was reported last week in Shorewood. Some of the bikes were locked, while others were unlocked.
Here's a recap of when and where the thefts occurred:
- An unlocked bike valued at $100 was stolen between 7:45 a.m. and 6:15 p.m. Monday in the 4400 block of Woodruff Avenue
- A male was taken into custody for trespassing and stealing a $500 girls bike at about 11:30 a.m. Sunday in the 800 block of Kensington Boulevard.
- Two bicycles valued at $220 were stolen from an underground parking structure in the 800 block of Kensington Boulevard between 9 p.m. Thursday and 10 p.m. Sunday.
- A bicycle valued at $1,050 was stolen from in front of an apartment building in the 2100 block of Capitol Drive sometime on Sept. 15 or 16.
- A bike valued at $300 was stolen from an open garage in the 3600 block of Lake Drive sometime between 3:30 p.m. on Sept. 16 and 7:10 a.m. on Sept. 17.
- A locked bike valued at $450 was stolen from a railing in front of Shorewood High School sometime between 7:30 a.m. and 8:15 p.m. on Sept. 18.
- A girls mountain bike valued at about $450 was stolen between 10:30 p.m. on Sept. 16 and 9:45 p.m. on Sept. 16 in the 2300 block of Capitol Drive. The thief cut the cable lock on the bike, which was locked to a bike post in front of a building.
- A tire and rims were reported stolen from a bike locked to a pole in the 3900 block of Murray at 4:42 p.m. on Sept. 16
- A scooter valued at $60 was reported stolen out of a yard in the 3900 block of Prospect Avenue at 4:18 p.m. on Sept. 16.