A 21-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested early Monday morning for drunken driving after initially being pulled over for speeding.
Police say they followed the speeding woman to the 4000 block of North Holton Street at 2:50 a.m., where they observed she had bloodshot eyes, smelled of alcohol and slurred speech.
She failed a field sobriety test and a Breathalyzer resulted in a 0.18 blood alcohol level.
It’s her first OWI offense.
In other police news:
- A 48-year-old Milwaukee man was taken into custody Sunday for drunken driving after initially being pulled over for a broken taillight in the 4000 block of North Oakland Avenue. Upon searching the suspect’s car, police found a small amount of the controlled substance Tramadol, a prescription painkiller. Police are awaiting the results of a blood test to determine his blood alcohol level at the time of the arrest. It’s his first OWI offense.
- A resident in the 3500 block of North Cramer Street called police Friday after a man backed into her driveway and began loading scrap metal from the side of her garage into a pickup truck. When the resident confronted the man, however, he put the metal back and left.
- A $300 bicycle was reported stolen from , 1701 E. Capitol Dr., between 3 and 9 p.m. on Friday. It was locked to a bicycle rack at the time.
- A 24-year-old Milwaukee man was mailed a citation after he drive-off without paying for $49 worth of gasoline from , 2521 E. Capitol.
- Four individuals were warned Sunday, after three were observed baptizing the fourth at , after beach hours.