Police say a male Shorewood High School student hit another male student in the face several times with a close fist causing him pain and discomfort on campus Monday at 2 p.m. The victim did not require any medical attention.
The fight was possibly caused by a comment about one of the males' mother. Police made no arrests and no citations were issued.
In other police news:
- A car parked in the 4300 block of North Wilson Drive was illegally entered sometime overnight on Saturday. Items reported missing were: a Garmin GPS worth $200, a wallet valued at $20, and a Victoria's Secret credit card.
- On Friday, a 23-year-old Milwaukee man was observed passed out in the driver's seat of a pick-up truck. The man was found highly intoxicated with glossy, bloodshot eyes, slurred speech and a strong odor of alcohol. The man was cited for being found intoxicated behind the wheel of a car.
- A 23-year-old Shorewood man was arrested for drunken driving on Saturday after initially being pulled over for driving without headlights. The traffic stop occurred in the 1300 block of East Capitol Drive around 1:30 a.m. Police say the man smelled of alcohol, failed field sobriety tests, but refused to submit to a Breathalyzer. It's the man's first offense.
- A Shorewood Department of Public Works employee reported being bitten by a feral kitten while trying to corner the animal on the Oak Leaf Trail.
- A $100 blue Diamondback bicycle was also reported stolen from outside of Shorewood Intermediate School, 3830 N. Morris Blvd., on Monday. The bike was unlocked and was taken between 7:30 a.m. and 3:30p.m.