Police say a 21-year-old Menomonee Falls man appeared intoxicated when they arrived on the scene of a tree vs. car accident in the 2100 block of East Kensington Boulevard on Friday night.
The man failed subsequent field sobriety tests and a Breathalyzer registered at .19 blood alcohol content.
It’s his first drunken driving offense.
Then on Sunday night, police say a 28-year-old Milwaukee man rear-ended a parked car before police pulled him over for driving without his headlights on in the 4200 block of North Murray Avenue.
During the traffic stop, police found an open bottle of alcohol inside the car.
He failed field sobriety tests, but refused to submit to a Breathalyzer.
Police say during the stop, they received a report of a hit and run in the area, and later found the suspect was responsible. He was cited for hit and run in addition to operating while intoxicated and possession of an open intoxicant while operating a vehicle.
Also in the police report:
- Police arrested a 17-year-old Shorewood girl for underage alcohol consumption Saturday. Police initially responded to a report of a fight between two teenaged girls in the 2100 block of East Jarvis Street. The two fled before police arrived, but the suspect was later located in the 4000 block of North Farwell Avenue. She was highly intoxicated and had fresh injuries from the fight, police say.
- Police say a piece of corn caused $832 worth of damage when it was placed on a rear tire of a car parked in the 4000 block of North Downer Avenue and damaged an anti-lock brake wire.
- A 67-year-old Shorewood woman was arrested for battery and disorderly conduct Monday after police say she punched a River Park Apartment employee in the stomach and threw coffee at him. Police say the battery followed an argument between the two.
- A front passenger-side window was smashed out of a car while it was parked in a parking lot in the 4500 block of the Estabrook Parkway on Monday. It occurred sometime between 5:25 and 5:45 p.m., however there were no signs anything was stolen from the car.
- A $500 Trek bicycle was reported stolen from an underground parking garage in the 800 block of East Kensington Boulevard. It’s unclear whether the bicycle was unlocked.