Police say an 18-year-old Shorewood woman tried to elude them Thursday after they tried to pull her over for running a red light.
Officers tried to pull the woman over near North Oakland Avenue and East Capitol Drive. She eventually came to a stop in the Shorewood post office parking lot.
There, she failed sobriety tests, registered a 0.18 blood alcohol content during a Breathalyzer and was arrested for drunken driving.
It’s her first offense.
Also in the police report:
- Police are investigating five women for obtaining prescriptions by fraud from Nov. 2 through Nov. 15 from Thompson’s Pharmacy, 1420 E. Capitol Dr. The prescriptions came from the same doctor’s office and police say the physician was contacted and verified they were fraudulent. The investigation is ongoing.
- A dog walker contacted police Monday to report she had found bloody syringes along with other heroin paraphernalia in a parking lot in Estabrook Park. The paraphernalia was turned over to the Sheriff’s Department, which will dispose of the items.
- A 55-year-old Shorewood woman was cited for operating while intoxicated early Sunday morning near North Lake Drive and East Capitol Drive. Police say she ran a red light and based on the results of a sobriety test and smelling of alcohol she received her first drunken driving offense. She, however, registered a .07 blood alcohol content during a Breathalyzer, one point below the legal limit.
- About $1,300 in damage was caused to a car overnight on Friday when an object was used to break the driver's side headlight and damage the front bumper. The car was parked in the 4000 block of North Downer Avenue at the time.
- Four Rolling Rock beer bottles thrown at a home in the 4200 block of North Lake Drive on Saturday between midnight and 2 a.m. caused about $350 to two windows, according to police.
- Police are awaiting surveillance video from Walgreens, 4081 N. Oakland Ave., after employees at the retail store say a man was observed moving products to different locations around the shop and then left without paying for anything, but with “unusual bulges in his jacket.”
- Black marker graffiti was found Friday on the rear door of a property in the 4400 block of North Oakland Avenue. It caused about $20 in damage.
- A lock was reported cut and $300 Trek bicycle stolen from a rack at Shorewood High School, 1701 E. Capitol Dr.
- A $50 bicycle was reported stolen from a garage in the 3900 block of North Farwell Avenue sometime between Nov. 11 and Nov. 13.
- A $460 Trek bicycle was reported stolen from a home in the 4100 block of North Woodburn Street sometime between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. on Nov. 14.