A 19-year-old man and a 20-year-old woman were taken into custody after allegedly shoplifting from , 4145 N. Oakland Ave., and fleeing from police in a Red Ford Explorer at 6:45 p.m. Monday.
Police stopped the couple in the 1700 block of East Capitol Drive after receiving a call that they allegedly shoplifted from the grocery store.
When police attempted to handcuff the man, he fled on foot and the woman slid into the driver seat and drove away. The man was eventually taken into custody in Shorewood while the woman was apprehended in Whitefish Bay.
Also in the police report:
- A window was smashed in on a 1997 Audi in the parking lot of , 4145 N. Oakland Ave., between 7:30 a.m. 3 p.m. Monday.
- A woman was able to fend off a purse snatcher at the corner of Capitol Drive and Oakland Avenue at 2 p.m. Dec. 21. The man who attempted to steal the purse fled between eastbound on Capitol Drive.
- officials notified police on Dec. 21 that a 16-year-old boy was suspended until Jan. 2 from the school after posting inappropriate items on Facebook from a school computer.
- A house was burglarized in the 3800 block of North Frederick Avenue between Dec. 19 and Dec. 26. Jewelry was taken during the burglary, according to police.
- Medication and $60 was stolen from a 1989 Buick in the 4400 block of North Oakland Avenue during the morning of Dec. 15.