Two men made off with 30 cartons of cigarettes, worth $2,100, from Walgreens on Thursday, according to police.
Several boxes were stacked in the store located at 4081 N. Oakland Ave. waiting to be stocked behind the register and the two men grabbed a box and left the store without paying around 1:44 p.m., the police report says. They fled the scene in a Jeep with no plates parked on North Bartlett Avenue.
No arrests have been made.
Also in the police report:
- Police chased down a 19-year-old Milwaukee man and arrested him for loitering and obstructing in the 3500 block of North Murray Avenue on Wednesday. Police say they received a report of a group smoking marijuana in a alleyway on the block and when they arrived, the suspect ran. He was located and taken into police custody in the 3400 block of Murray Avenue.
- Two 17-year-old Shorewood boys were arrested Tuesday around 1:45 p.m. after police say they were observed trespassing near 3900 North Sherbrun Place and found them in possession of 10 grams of a green leafy substance believed to be marijuana.
- A 27-year-old man and 34-year-old man, both from Milwaukee, were nabbed for possession of drug paraphernalia Thursday outside of Walgreens, after police say they had a burnt aluminum can, syringes and a metal pipe. They were also cited for loitering.
- A 20-year-old Whitefish Bay man was arrested for underage drinking after he was observed walking northbound near North Oakland Avenue and East Menlo Boulevard and appeared intoxicated. He initially told police he was 22 years old, but later handed police his identification showing he was 20. Police say he had a bottle of whiskey on his person.
- A $200 LeapPad 2 Explorer was reported stolen from a building in the 1900 block of East Shorewood Boulevard on Thursday. A package sitting in a lobby addressed to the property owner was found opened and the item gone. The incident occurred sometime between 2 and 5 p.m.