Bar patrons typically look to the bartenders at their local tavern to supply them with a drink on a night out, but on Tuesday a 63-year-old Shorewood man took his beverage needs into his own hands.
Shorewood's , 4121 N. Wilson Dr., phoned Shorewood police after the man brought his own beer and grabbed a seat on the bar's patio at 4:51 p.m.
Police say a week earlier, he was asked to leave the legion post after being involved in a fight.
The man received a warning from police.
Also in the police report:
- A 46-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested Monday for concealing and attempting to walk out of , 4027 N. Oakland Ave., with about $10 worth of merchandise. The incident occurred at 11:29 a.m., and items included $5 worth of sausage, $5 worth of beans and rice and a .50 cent apple.
- A resident called police after he arrived home at 7 p.m. on Thursday to find a 2001 Dodge Stratus parked in his driveway in the 4200 block of North Murray Avenue. Police say the Stratus had been reported stolen in Milwaukee, and was towed and the vehicle owner contacted.
- , 4022 N. Oakland Ave., called police Thursday after a patron dined and ditched a $23 bill.
- A $1,000 custom dirt bike was reported stolen from the 4000 block of Estabrook Parkway sometime overnight on Thursday.
- Employees at Shorewood’s , 1513 E. Capitol Dr., phoned police Tuesday after a man filled up his SUV with $100 worth of gas and drove off without paying. Police say the man filled up with about 25 gallons of gas.
- A $25 bicycle was reported stolen from a home in the 4400 block of North Oakland Avenue on Tuesday.
- A jogger at reported his keys stolen Monday night. He told police he set the keys down on a rock and was jogging on the path down to the lake. After four trips he returned to find the keys gone.
- A $150 yard decoration was reported stolen from a home in the 3500 block of East Prospect Avenue Monday sometime between 10 p.m. on Aug. 10 and 6 p.m. on Monday.