AGENDA FOR THE COMMON COUNCIL MEETING TO BE HELD IN THE COMMON COUNCIL CHAMBERS, ROOM 100, OF THE GREENFIELD CITY HALL ON TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 5, 2013 AT 7:00 P.M.
1. Meeting called to order and roll call
2. Opening Prayer
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Approval of the January 15, 2013 Common Council minutes
5. Mayor’s Report
6. Aldermanic Reports
8. Citizen Commentary
9. Recessed public hearing for approval of a Special Use to open a jewelry retail sales and repair business, including the buying/trading/upgrading of used jewelry at 6205 South 27th Street which is the
small building at the northeast corner of the Greenfield Emporium Square shopping center, Tax Key #691-9841-002 (hearing recessed at January 15, 2013 Council meeting)
COMMON COUNCIL TO TAKE ACTION ON THE FOLLOWING COMMITTEE REPORTS:
10. Board of Public Works Meeting held January 22, 2013 (Lubotsky)
Item #9 Approve a resolution to release and extinguish storm sewer and drainage easement from the property located at 9744 West Plainfield Avenue, Tax Key #568-8991-006
Item #11 Approve the installation of a three-way stop sign at South 64th Street and West Plainfield Avenue with a traffic study being performed before and after the installation.
11. Appointments to various committees and commissions:
a. Mayor appointments, confirmed by Council:
(1) One member to the Board of Review for a term to expire 5/1/17 (Allen Shutta)
(2) Two alternate members to the Community Development Authority for a term to expire 2/19/17 (Robert Selin; Troy Chowanec)
(3) One member of Business Improvement Board #1 for a term to expire 2/17/14; at-large position (Patricia Nelson)
(4) One member of Business Improvement Board #2 for a term to expire 2/17/15; at-large position (Julio Maldonado)
(5) Two members to the Community Development Authority for a term to expire 2/19/17 (Robert Selin; James Hodson)
b. Mayor appointments:
(1) One alternate member to the Zoning Board of Appeals for a term to expire 5/1/15 (Donald Kopp)
(2) One alternate member to the Plan Commission for a term to expire 5/1/15 (Brad Sponholz) (Note: Becky Rupel was appointed 9/18/12 to fill this position but has not been sworn in and has declined the appointment)
12. Application for an operator license received from the following:
Malo, Ashley J.-6250 S. 51st St. Mathe, Taylor C.-508 14th Ave.
Stansfield, Laura J.-7934 N. 107th St.
13. Application for a Secondhand Jewelry Dealer license received from Corona Jewelry II, LLC for the property located at 6205 South 27th Street (Corona Jewelry) (Note: Council action on this item should not be taken prior to recessed public hearing in Item #9 on this agenda.) (C.C. 1/15/13)
14. Application for a Temporary Class “B” Retailer’s License received from Harley Owners Group-
Milwaukee Chapter to sell fermented malt beverages at the following events to be held at House of Harley-Davidson, 6221 West Layton Avenue:
Leprechaun Launch, St. Patrick’s Day Celebration March 16, 2013, Indoor, 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Spring Bike Show, May 18, 2013 Outdoor 9:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
Men’s Shopping Night, Customer Appreciation, December 12, 2013, Indoor, 6:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m.
15. Application for a Temporary “Class B” Retailer’s License received from Harley Owners Group-Milwaukee Chapter to sell fermented malt beverages and wine at the Harley-Davidson 110th Anniversary Celebration to be held outdoors at the area covered by the 110th Anniversary Temporary Use Permit (6221 West Layton Avenue) from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. on August 28, 2013 through September 2, 2013
16. Application for a Temporary “Class B” Retailer’s License received from Harley Owners Group-Milwaukee Chapter to sell fermented malt beverages and wine at Ladies Shopping Night held indoors at House of Harley-Davidson, 6221 West Layton Avenue, on December 5, 2013 from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
17. Discussion and decision to fill the position of Assessment Clerk in the Assessor’s Office due to a resignation (E. Miller)
18. Discussion and decision to approve investments and reinvestments in the amounts of $14,373,877.05 and $10,788,212.17
19. Discussion and decision to approve schedules of disbursements in the amounts of $144,315.42; $161,072.49; $277,666.38; $25,950.30; $162,149.14; $18,343.75; $21,518.06; $29,218.40; $27,049.17; $31,511.28; $20,379.49; $31,675.56; $34,382.24; $29,671.69; $736.50; $57,734.40 and $7,431.15
20. Discussion and decision to approve mileage reimbursements in the amount of $1,206.40
21. City Attorney’s Report:
a. Common Council to go into closed session pursuant to Wisconsin Statutes, Section 19.85(1)(b)&(f) for the following:
Considering licensure, social or personal history, or medical information for purposes of issuing an operator license to Steven C. Moser
b. Adjourn closed session and reconvene into open session
c. Decision regarding issuance of an operator license to Steven C. Moser
22. Items for future agenda