Dine out and let your dough add up for support of Shorewood schools.
You can make a difference in your children's education — the second annual Dine for SEED event is tonight from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
All you have to do is avoid the oven, stovetop or even microwave and join in the fun. Eat at one of these local restaurants which will donate 10 percent of their profits during the four-hour event, to the .
- , 2205 E. Capitol Dr., will stay open an extra hour. Check out their reviews at Yelp or give them a call at 414- 962-0100. Special today: French brie & turkey panini, soups are vegetable minestrone, creamy French onion, and vegetable chili. Bottomless coffee and WiFi.
- Culver’s of Shorewood, 1325 E. Capitol Dr. Give them a call at 414-962-4444. The flavor of the day is Boston crème. Soups are chili, chicken wild rice, chicken dumpling, lumberjack vegetable. Bottomless coffee and soda with dine-in and free WiFi.
- Harry’s Bar & Grill, 3549 N. Oakland Ave. Reach them at 414-964-6800. Soups of the day are roasted corn chowder and Asian vegetable beef.
- North Star Bistro, 4518 N. Oakland Ave. Please call 414-964-4663 for reservations and ask for tonight's specials.
- Oakcrest Tavern, 4022 N. Oakland Ave. Reach them at 414-967-0222. They are a leader in tonight's events. Soup is cream of potato with bacon and cheddar.
Last year's event raised $1400, with four restaurants giving 10 percent of proceeds in three hours. This year, there are five restaurants donating of 10 percent of purchases for four hours — can we beat the record? More restaurants are encouraged to participate next time. Those who did it last year were eager to participate again, having had great turnout on a usually slow Monday night.
“We are grateful to these businesses that consistently show support for Shorewood Schools and understand our community focus," Melissa Nelsen, SEED Board president, said.
The SEED Foundation is a 501c3 nonprofit organization in Shorewood dedicated to promoting educational excellence in Shorewood.
Its vision is threefold:
- To ensure that each Shorewood public school student receives an education responsive to his or her talents and abilities, preparing the student to meet the challenges of the future.
- To act as a catalyst in the community and provide the Shorewood School District with the financial resources necessary to continue its tradition of excellence and innovation.
- To fund quality educational programming and initiatives in our schools that public resources are insufficient to support.
The SEED foundation raises funds for Shorewood public schools via community-wide events, individual gifts, endowments and grants.
Last year, SEED granted $87,635 to the schools to support general education, programs and requests from parents and teachers alike.
Tonight, you can help the effort by enjoying a nice dinner that gives back to the schools. Be sure to thank these restaurants for their support.
Questions about this SEED event or like to be a part of it next time? Contact Nelsen at 414-964-1842 or email email@example.com.