Holiday dinners to prepare, gifts to buy, cards to send — 'tis the season many are overwhelmed by obligations.
For the second year, Shorewood is offering a host of events aimed at relieving some of the stress of the holiday season. Stop, Shop & Restore — a holiday event hosted by the Shorewood Business Improvement District — kicks off Saturday, running 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
A horse-drawn carriage will ride along a shopping route, from noon to 4 p.m., filled with special events — even the big man himself, Santa Claus, will make an appearance at Garden Room from noon at 2 p.m.
Here's a sampling of the events planned for Saturday:
- Free hand, foot and chair massages will be offered at various Shorewood stores
- Seasonal nutrition and stress-relieving tips from local therapists
- Complimentary salon services — stop in and get a free holiday quick style or make-up tips for that upcoming holiday party
- Relaxing tea sampling, cooking demonstrations, beer and wine tastings
- Complimentary homemade holiday cookies, hot cocoa and cider
- Classical holiday music including strolling carolers
- Free gift-wrapping station at Big Bay Brewing
“This event showcases best of Shorewood retail including our wonderful assortment of salons and healthcare professionals,” said Jim Plaisted, BID executive director. “Find a friend and head over to Shorewood for a day of holiday shopping, free massages and other relaxing treatments.”
For a full list of events, visit the BID's website. The events are sponsored in part by Shorewood's PNC Bank.
The first 100 shoppers who turn in $150 in Dec. 8 receipts from participating Shorewood businesses will receive a $25 gift certificate redeemable anywhere in the Shorewood business district.
The events will follow Shorewood's first-ever tree lighting on Friday at 7 p.m. on The Cornerstone patio, between North Star American Bistro and Thief Wine.