The media is trying to make you believe that we have witnessed the death of the Republican Party and that Democrats now hold the majority opinion of the country. Here is just a look at how out of touch the liberal media is:
1. Obama did not win with a mandate. He won by 4%. But take a look at the map provided paints a picture that he only won in large urban areas, sans Iowa.
2. Democrats only have 53 Senators in Congress. Again, hardly a mandate.
3. The House still has a decidingly Republican advantage with 32 more Republicans than Democrats.
4. Nearly 2/3rds of the Governorships are held by Republicans.
5. Of the state legislatures, 27 of the states have both chambers controlled by Republicans. 5 are split, 1 is non-partisan and 17 are held by Democrats.
I do not see this progressive/democrat tsunami that the media is talking about. In fact I disagree with even the Republican strategists that say the party is in trouble and needs major changes.
What the party needs is strong leaders that can portray the brand in a way that reaches common Americans.