Mother Nature is making up for our un-seasonably nice weather this past Fall with all the recent snow, rain, ice and cold weather the past few couple weeks.
To the credit of the village, it appears most if not all of the sidewalks are clear.
However there are many corners at which the cleared sidewalk ends at a pile of frozen snow, or treacherous ice. It is still a common sight to see people walking in the streets, because they cannot navigate the walkways.
This morning in a few blocks on my way to work, I saw impassable crosswalks at the following intersections:
- NW corner Ardmore and Kensington
- SE corner Sheffield and Kensington
- NW corner Sheffield and Congress
- NE and SE corners of Congress and Wilson
- SE corner of Woodruff and Glendale
Pictures are attached, would you want to have to navigate these crosswalks in our pedestrian-friendly village?