Deadline is Friday to Apply for Open School Board Seat
Only one person so far has filled out an official application for the seat vacated by Michael Mishlove. Also Monday, the board created an ad hoc committee for the energy efficiency project.
The Shorewood School Board has one official applicant for the seat vacated by Michael Mishlove's resignation, and the deadline is Friday.
The application is provided here, and applicants are encouraged to answer the questions and prepare for a meeting with board members in the next two weeks.
Also at Tuesday's School Board meeting:
- The board approved the creation of an ad hoc committee for the energy efficiency project, which would "increase both the efficiency and transparency" of the board, said President Rob Reinhoffer.
- A number of items were brought forth in the Superintendent Reports for purposes of preliminary discussion, including the opportunity to provide parking for customers who patronize businesses along Capitol Drive by opening nine spaces at Atwater School for such purposes, especially between the hours of 4:30pm and 9pm.
"The village doesn't have to pave more space if there is already parking available," said Superintendent Martin Lexmond.
- The board also discussed the matter of student fees, and to what degree fees should be reduced, if at all. Reinhoffer also suggested the board consider reducing fees for military families as well as free/reduced lunch qualifying families.
- The initial budget report was presented for Fund 10 and 27 revenues and expenses by Business Manager Mark Boehlke. So far this year the line items for Youth Options (college coursework paid for by the district for high-achieving students) and textbook costs were the only outliers. Reinhoffer congratulated the district for bringing overtime maintenance costs under control for the first fiscal reporting period in recent history.
Boiler Project Community Info Sessions
The district is hosting three community information sessions next week relating to replacement of a boiler at Atwater School:
- 11:55 a.m. Monday at the Senior Resources Center
- 7 p.m. Monday at the Shorewood High School Library/Media Center
- 7:15 p.m. Wednesday at the Shorewood Men's Club
The issue will come to a vote at the next regularly scheduled School Board meeting on December 11.