Police Report: Teens Busted with Pot, Alcohol; 3 OWI Arrests
A roundup of the latest from the Shorewood police log.
A 16-year-old Shorewood girl and 17-year-old Mequon boy were arrested Sunday night after police found them in possession of alcohol, marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
Police were dispatched to the 4100 block of North Stowell Avenue at 1:26 a.m. for a report of people arguing in an alleyway. One block east in the 4100 block of North Downer Avenue, police observed the teens sitting in a car, and smelled pot and alcohol after speaking with the teenagers.
Both suspects were given breathalyzers and came back positive. Police found a blue and purple glass pipe, .3 grams of pot and a bottle of vodka in the teenager's possession.
Also in the police report:
- A 30-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for first offense drunken driving Saturday morning with a blood alcohol content of 0.13. Police conducted a traffic stop at 2:20 a.m. in the 1800 block of East Newton Avenue after observing the man violate a traffic sign. He failed field sobriety tests.
- A 21-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for drunken driving Saturday morning, following a traffic stop for speeding. Police say she was traveling 54 miles per hour in a 30 mph zone in the 1400 block of East Capitol Drive at 4:19 a.m. She failed on-scene sobriety tests and a breathalyzer revealed she had a 0.12 blood alcohol content.
- A 18-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested Friday for operating while intoxicated after police pulled him over for suspended registration in the 1100 block of East Capitol Drive. Police say the suspect smelled of marijuana during the traffic stop at 8:55 p.m. and later failed an on-scene sobriety tests. It’s his first OWI offense.
- A resident caught a man in the act of spray painting his car Saturday, while it was parked in the 2700 block of East Shorewood Boulevard. Police say the vehicle owner chased after the graffiti artist, but wasn’t able to catch him. Damage totaled $300.
- A $200 silver and blue Schwinn boys mountain bicycle was reported stolen Friday from the bike racks at Shorewood Intermediate School, 3830 N. Morris Blvd. The theft occurred sometime between 7:30 a.m. and 3:15 p.m.
- Then on Saturday, two more bicycles were reported stolen from Shorewood Intermediate School including a $150 Trek 830 mountain bicycle locked to a metal bench and $100 Trek 220 mountain bicycle locked to a wooden fence. The thefts occurred sometime between 9 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.