Police Report: Stolen Car; Several Vehicles, Stop Signs Hit with Graffiti
A roundup of the latest from the Shorewood police log.
Police say the common hall of a duplex in the 4000 block of East Stowell Avenue was entered Saturday through an unlocked side door, keys to a silver 2003 Jeep Liberty Sport taken and the unlocked car subsequently stolen.
The car was recovered Monday by Milwaukee police near North 91st Street and West Silver Spring Drive. Police have no suspects.
That same morning, several cars and two stop signs were hit with graffiti near North Murray Avenue and East Newton Avenue. Police say words profane in nature, some against the department, were sprayed onto the property. A estimate of the damage was not available.
In other police news:
- Two women and a man walked out of Pick ‘n Save, 4145 N. Oakland Ave. on Wednesday at 7:13 p.m. without paying for two bottles of vodka. Police say the suspects left the scene in a car that had been reported stolen, according to a search of the plates. The vodka is valued at $52.
- A 16-year-old Milwaukee boy was taken into custody after police say he stole electronics and cash from the visitors boys locker room during a basketball game at Shorewood High School, 1701 E. Capitol Dr., on Friday. Among the stolen items were two cell phones and an iPod. Values weren't available.
- An unlocked car was reported illegally entered and two cases of soda worth $15 removed while it was parked in the 2000 block of East Lake Bluff Boulevard on Saturday. The entry occurred sometime between 3:30 p.m. on Friday and 6:30 p.m. The soda was later found in some bushes near the car.
- A Shorewood man reported to police on Saturday $8,600 was withdrawn without his knowledge from his checking account at a bank in California.
- A small wreath and lighted Christmas tree were reported stolen from the front porch of a home in the 3700 block of North Downer Avenue on Saturday. The item’s value are not known.