Police Report: Stolen Car Recovered Next Day; Fraudulent Oxycodone Prescription
A roundup of the latest from the Shorewood police log.
A 2002 maroon Chrysler Sebring convertible parked in the 2400 block of East Jarvis Street was reported stolen Saturday afternoon.
The owner told police she believes the car was locked and it was taken without the keys.
The car was recovered the following day in the 600 block of North 20th Street in Milwaukee, with damage to the steering column.
In other police news:
- A Shorewood resident called police Monday after she observed two men checking car door handles, and one man rummaging through a nearby parked car in the 2200 block of East Shorewood Boulevard. The resident yelled at the men, whom fled the area. Police made contact with the car owner, whom said nothing appeared to be missing.
- Shorewood officers responded to Shorewood High School, 1701 E. Capitol Dr., Saturday for a report of three students suspected of being under the influence of marijuana. A parent came to pick up the students before police arrived. The incident has been referred to the high school administration.
- A 39-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for fraud Monday after police say she attempted to obtain 120 Oxycodone tablets at Family Pharmacy, 3512 N. Oakland Ave., using a fraudulent prescription. According to the police report, a pharmacist recognized the prescription was fraudulent, and phoned police.
- A resident called police Saturday after observing a parked 1999 Dodge Intrepid running for nearly four hours in the 4200 block of North Newhall Street. Shorewood police later confirmed the car had been reported stolen by Milwaukee police.
- A 42-year-old Whitefish Bay man was arrested for first offense drunken driving Saturday following a traffic stop prompted by unsafe lane deviations. Police say the odor of alcohol on the suspect, his admission of drinking and the results of field sobriety tests warranted the arrest. The man registered a 0.15 blood alcohol content during a Breathalyzer.
- A 29-year-old Shorewood man was cited for disorderly conduct Sunday after police say he slapped his girlfriend during an argument in front of an apartment complex. Police received a call about a verbal argument occurring in front of an apartment complex in the 3900 block of North Maryland Avenue. Police later stopped a SUV leaving the scene driven by the couple the suspect admitted to assaulting his girlfriend.
- About $300 in damage was reported to a car parked in the 4400 block of North Bartlett Avenue, after a side mirror was ripped off. The incident occurred sometime overnight on Friday.
- A 43-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested Friday after he caused a disturbance at TCF Bank, 4201 N. Oakland Ave. Police say he was being profane and unreasonably loud. He was cited for disorderly conduct and released.