Police Report: Stolen Car Recovered Hours Later; Drunken Driving Arrest
A roundup of the latest from the Shorewood police log.
A black 2001 Ford Explorer stolen from a garage overnight on Dec. 21 was found a few hours later in the 4400 block of North Oakland Avenue, according to a police report.
Police say the car was taken from a detached garage in the 2100 block of East Edgewood Avenue. A door to the garage was open at the time and the keys were in the locked car. The owner told police he usually uses a keypad to get into his car and leaves the keys inside.
The Explorer was recovered in its original condition, but a $140 Garmin GPS in the car at the time of the theft was not recovered.
Also in the police report:
- A 26-year-old Shorewood man was arrested for drunken driving Thursday morning after initially being pulled over for driving 45 MPH in a 25 MPH zone. Police say during a traffic stop at 2:08 a.m. in the 4000 block of North Oakland Avenue, the man had glassy eyes and smelled of alcohol. He failed a sobriety test and an intoximeter test revealed he had a .21 blood alcohol content. It’s the man’s first such offense.
- A car was reported illegally entered Dec. 22 while parked in the driveway of a home on the 4100 block of North Murray Avenue. The car was unlocked, and nothing was found missing.
- A counterfeit $10 bill was passed at Bakers Square, 1305 E. Capitol Dr., on Sunday. An employee found the bill while counting the cash drawer. She told police eight different employees accepted money during the time frame in which the bill was passed. The bill has been turned over to police.
- A 19-year-old man and 20-year-old man, both of Milwaukee, were arrested on Wednesday after police observed them smoking marijuana in their car at Hubbard Park, 3565 N. Morris Blvd. The 19-year-old was arrested for possession of marijuana and the 20-year-old on an open warrant through Glendale police for contempt of court.
- Police arrested a 21-year-old Milwaukee woman after they say she drove off without paying for $34 worth of gasoline at the BP gas station, 1513 E. Capitol Dr.
- An unknown person drive off without paying for $51 worth of gasoline at Mobil gas station, 2521 E. Capitol Dr., on Wednesday.