Police Report: Stolen Car; Drunken Driving Arrest
A roundup of the latest from the Shorewood police log.
A 2010 Toyota Highlander was reported stolen from the driveway of a home on the 4400 block of North Lake Drive Friday morning.
The car owner told police they don’t believe the car was unlocked or the keys were in the car at the time of the theft. A $40 iPass was an item of value in the car. Police are still looking for the vehicle.
In other police news:
- A 23-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving on Friday in the 1700 block of East Capitol Drive. Police initially stopped the man after he was observed driving over the centerline around 2:48 a.m. The man wouldn’t consent to field sobriety tests, but registered a 0.24 blood alcohol content when a Breathalyzer was administered.
- A 24-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested Friday after police say he was prowling and found in possession of a $50 iPass and charger and adapter for an iPhone stolen from a car parked in a driveway of a home on the 4100 block of North Prospect Avenue. Police say the car was unlocked.
- Ninety-seven dollars was reported stolen from a coin purse while the owner shopped at Pick ‘n Save, 4145 N. Oakland Ave. on Friday.
- A 15-year-old Shorewood boy was cited for retail theft Sunday after police say employees at Pick ‘n Save notified them they had detained him for concealing two Kit Kat candy bars in his left sweatshirt sleeve and attempting to leave the store. The candy is valued at $1.98.
- A car screw jack and wrench were reported stolen off a picnic table at a home in the 2400 block of North Shorewood Boulevard sometime overnight on Oct. 29.