Police Report: Scooter-riding Elderly Woman Caught Swiping Flowerpots
A roundup of the latest from the Shorewood police reports.
A 69-year-old Shorewood woman driving on a motorized scooter was ticketed Saturday, but not for speeding.
A resident told police the woman was spotted driving the scooter in an alleyway behind a home in the 3800 block of North Bartlett Avenue. The woman stopped in the resident’s backyard, grabbed two flowerpots, jumped back on her scooter and took off.
Police were able to track her down and retrieve the pots, and she was issued a citation for trespassing.
Also in the police report:
- A 27-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested late Sunday night for drunken driving after being stopped for speeding in the 2200 block of East Capitol Drive. Police stopped the man at about 11:30 p.m. and say he smelled like alcohol and his speech was slurred. He failed a field sobriety test and following a Breathalyzer, was found to have a blood alcohol level of 0.19. It’s the man’s second such offense. He was also cited for speeding.
- A Shorewood man claims when a woman approached him on Saturday morning near the intersection of East Capitol Drive and North Morris Boulevard and asked for $2 to pay bus fare, he pulled out his wallet and the woman snatched it from his hands and ran. The man told police the incident occurred at 6:30 a.m. and that he later found his wallet down the street, with the $27 previously in the wallet taken.
- Police are looking for two men suspected of leaving Pick 'n Save, 4145 N. Oakland Ave., with $40 worth of meat on Monday. The men left the grocer in an old model Chevrolet Monte Carlo, with no license plates.
- A Shorewood man phoned police Sunday to report that someone racked up fraudulent charges to his credit card with a $134 charge for a computer on the website Newegg.com.
- Sometime between 5 and 9:30 p.m. on Saturday, a resident in the 2500 block of East Lake Bluff said eggs were thrown at the roof and window of a garage. No damage was reported.
- A license plate was reported stolen Saturday from a car parked in a parking lot in the 4000 block of North Prospect Avenue.