Police Report: Possession of Marijuana, Stolen Car Recovered
A roundup of the latest from the Shorewood police log.
A 20-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for the possession of marijuana early Sunday morning after being stopped for speeding on the 1500 block of East Capitol Drive.
An officer detected the smell of burnt pot as he approached the car and asked the man if he had recently smoked any marijuana. The man admitted to having recently smoked, according to police.
The man gave the officer consent to search his car and the officer found one gram of a green leafy substance along with six pills of hydrocodone.
Along with the arrest, the man was cited for speeding, driving while suspended and without insurance.
In other police news:
- Milwaukee Police recovered a stolen 2010 Toyota Highlander on the 1400 block of North Astor Street on Friday. The car was reported stolen on Nov. 2 from the driveway of a home on the 4400 block of North Lake Drive.
- A 22-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested Wednesday evening after stealing $36 in goods from the Pick 'n Save, 4145 N. Oakland Ave. Police were give the description of the man and later pulled his car over in 3900 block of Oakland Avenue. The man stole ice cream, lemonade, chicken wings, V8 juice, grapes, and chips, police say.
- A 45-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested Thursday after police say he stole a bottle of liquor from the Pick 'n Save. The suspect got on and off the bus and was later found walking near Oakland Avenue and East Jarvis Street. The liquor bottle was later found broken on the sidewalk.
- Five hundred dollars in damages was inflicted on an SUV parked on the 4000 block of North Downer Ave, according to the police report. Sometime overnight on Sunday, white paint was sprayed across the driver’s side of the victim’s SUV.
- A $250 Raleigh bicycle was reported stolen out of an unlocked garage on the 3500 block of North Frederick Avenue on Sunday. It is unclear whether the bike was locked or not.