Police Report: Men Jump in Car as Woman Jumps Out to Use Mailbox
A roundup of the latest from the Shorewood police log.
As a Shorewood woman jumped out of her car Friday — key still in the ignition and engine running — to slip a few letters in the mail, two men slid into her car and drove off.
She returned to watch her car driving away, down the block near the Shorewood post office by the intersection of North Bartlett Avenue and East Capitol Drive.
She actually said hello to the two men believed to had stolen her car, according to the police report.
Milwaukee police later located the car near North 42nd Street and West Burleigh Street. Four individuals fled the car upon police presenting themselves, but they were all later taken into custody, according to police.
Police say the car was returned to the owner, but her purse, drivers license, credit cards and other items were missing.
Get great local stories like this on Facebook. Click to join us!
Also in the police report:
- Police say two people broke a window, entered the basement of a home in the 3800 block of North Prospect Avenue on Monday morning and defecated on the floor. No arrests were made.
- A 25-year-old woman and 27-year-old man, both from Milwaukee, were arrested Friday after police say they attempted to walk out of Pick ‘n Save, 4145 N. Oakland Ave., without paying for $8 worth of food products. Police say a store employee spotted the two walking toward the exit without checking out and stopped them. The woman was ticketed for carrying a concealed weapon without a permit. She had two knives in her purse, according to police.
- A 21-year-old Cedarburg man was arrested Sunday for drunken driving after police say he was spotted driving 70 MPH down East Capitol Drive. The traffic stop occurred at 4:20 a.m. in which he failed field sobriety tests and a Breathalyzer registered a .15 blood alcohol content. It’s his first such offense.
- A 59-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving Sunday morning after swerving on the roadway while driving only 10 MPH. Police say he failed sobriety tests at the scene, and a breathalyzer test clocked at .21 blood alcohol content. It’s his first operating while intoxicated offense.
- A 17-year-old Shorewood boy was arrested for possession of marijuana Sunday morning. Police conducted a subject stop in the 3900 block of North Downer Avenue on the boy and another male, whose bicycle had not light, at 1:34 a.m., because they appeared suspicious. The Shorewood boy kept trying to put his hands in his pockets and following a pat down for weapons, the boy told police he had pot in his jacket pocket. Police recovered 1.5 grams.