Police Report: Woman Says Ex-Husband Sexually Assaulted Her; Drunken Driving Arrest
A roundup of the latest from the Shorewood police reports.
Shorewood police say they found a 21-year-old Milwaukee man passed out in his car, sitting in traffic near the intersection of North Oakland Avenue and East Capitol Drive early Saturday morning. Following a traffic stop, the man was arrested for drunken driving.
The incident occurred at 3:17 a.m. in the 1700 block of East Capitol Drive. The man smelled of alcohol and later failed a field sobriety test, according to police. His blood alcohol level was found to be .16.
It’s his first operating while intoxicated offense, according to online court records.
Also in the police report:
- A Shorewood woman told police Monday she was sexually assaulted by his ex-husband on July 6, while they were parked in a car in Estabrook Park, just north of East Capitol Drive. Police say an investigation is ongoing.
- A 16-year-old Shorewood boy was cited for disorderly conduct after police observed him in Estabrook Park with a black pistol at 5:17 p.m. on Saturday. Police say they caught up with him in the 4000 block of the parkway and found an Airsoft pellet gun on his waist.
- A 33-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for disorderly conduct Sunday after getting into a shouting match with her ex-husband and his fiancé. She told police she drove to a Shorewood home in the 2200 block of East Shorewood Boulevard to meet some friends, and got into the verbal argument while waiting for them.
- Security at Pick ‘n Save told police Monday they observed a man walk out of the store at 4145 N. Oakland Ave. on May 18 with 10 cans of baby formula work $169.
- About $200 in damage was reported to a Martinizing Dry Cleaning box truck on Friday after blue graffiti was sprayed on it while it was parked in the dry cleaner's parking lot at 3596 N. Oakland Ave. The incident occurred sometime overnight on Thursday.
- A $100 boy’s bicycle was reported stolen from the front step of an apartment in the 4400 block of North Wilson Drive on Sunday.
(Correction made Aug. 28 10:01 a.m.: An initial version of this article incorrectly stated a man claimed his ex-wife sexually assaulted him, due to an error in the police report. A woman has reported to police her ex-husband sexually assaulted her.)